What is Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is an application that helps the users in managing and updating their Garmin Devices from their computers. Updation is a must to fulfill process, for keeping your device up-to-date and to get more accurate information whenever you were on the road. With the help of this software, you can easily update the maps and software. Getting the desktop notifications and step-by-step instructions makes it much easier for you to update your device. You can update with just a mouse click, this allows you to keep your device updated with minimal difficulties. It is a handy tool for solving the challenges of your GPS devices.
Not just product updation, but Garmin Express can also be used for Device Registration, Syncing data with Garmin Connect, Install Voices and Download product manuals. Also, this application helps you to get special offers, notifications, and product support.
Garmin releases these updates several times a year. Hence, follow the given procedures and get the software installed on your device. Then, use the application for various functions and redefine your Garmin device using experience.
Before beginning with the process of downloading and installing the Garmin Express software, you are required to fulfill these below-mentioned system requirements. Fulfilling them will make your device compatible with the software and will allow you to get an error-free installation experience.
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included)
- Display: 1024 x 768 display and USB port
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: You may require up to 20 GB free space
- High-speed Internet
- Operating System: OS X 10.11 or newer
- Display: 1440 x 900 display and USB port
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: Up to 20 GB free space is required
- High Internet Speed is a must.
Garmin Express Download
- Firstly, you have to open an Internet browser.
- Then, move to the official website of “Garmin”. For this, type “garmin.com” in the address bar.
- Now, move your cursor to the “Discover” tab. You will get this option on the top of the screen.
- By doing so, an extended list will appear. From the list, select “Garmin Express” option.
- In the next window, tap “Download For Windows” option.
- This will start downloading the setup file of Garmin Express.
- It will take a few minutes for downloading to get done. Hence, wait until the process is on.
Garmin Express Installation
Once you are done with the downloading process, the next step is to install the software. Installing the software differs as per the operating system you are using. Hence, we are providing the separate procedures both for Windows and Mac users. Follow the given process step-by-step and get your software installed successfully.
- First and foremost, move to the “Downloads Folder”.
- Then, double-click the setup file that you have downloaded.
- If prompted, then run the setup file by clicking the “Run” option. This will allow the installer to start its process.
- In the next Garmin Express window, click the “Terms and Conditions” link. Garmin suggests you read the document carefully and agree to it by tick marking the checkbox.
Here, you can also change the installation location. For changing the “Installation Location”, click the “Options” button and make the required changes. Then, click the “Back” tab.
- Now, hit the “Install” button.
- If required then click “Yes” for allowing the application to make the changes on your device.
- After that, the installation process will start. It will take a few minutes. So, wait for the process to get completed.
- Once the installation is done, tap the “Launch Garmin Express” button.
- Finally, in the next window, click the “Get Started” option.
This will complete the installation process and take you to your Garmin Express application. Now, you can start using the Garmin Express application on your Windows device for updating your GPS purchased device.
- After the completion of the download process, move to the “Downloads Folder”.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file.
- In the next window, tap the “Install Garmin Express” icon.
- Now, click the “Continue” option in the popup box that appears.
- Next, in the welcome window, click “Continue”.
- After that, Garmin wants you to go through the “License Agreement For Garmin Software”. Read the complete document carefully and click the “Continue” button.
- Then, a popup box will appear asking you to agree to the terms and conditions of Garmin application you have read. Give your consent by clicking the “Agree” option.
- Thereafter, hit the “Install” button to continue with the process.
- If prompted, then enter the Mac administrator username and password. This permits the installer to install the application on your Mac device.
- Then, click “Install Software” option.
- Now, wait for the software to gets installed.
- Lastly, click “Close” tab and come out of the installation window.
Garmin Express Account Creation
- Start the process by opening a web browser on your system.
- Then, navigate to the Garmin Express page. For this, type “Garmin.com/express” in the address bar.
- Next, you have to click the Profile Icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
- This will open an extended list. From the list, click “Create Account” option. This option is available at the bottom of the list.
- In the next window, you should have to provide the following information in their respective fields.
- Name: Enter your first and last name. If you are creating an account for a third-party, then enter the details of that individual.
- Email Address: You have to enter the email address that you want to link with your Garmin Express software.
- Retype Email Address: In the next field, again enter the email address for confirmation.
- Password: Then, create a password which must be 8 characters long and must include at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number.
- Re-type Password: Again enter the same password.
- Now, if you want to get notified about the product news or promotions on the email address you have provided, then, tick mark the first checkbox.
- Lastly, click the “Create Account” button.
How to Use Garmin Express Software?
- Now, open your installed Garmin Express application by clicking the icon from the desktop or the location where you have installed the application.
- In the next window, select the “Add a Device” option.
- After that, wait for the application to search the nearby connected Garmin device.
- From the result list, click the “Add Device” tab.
- Now, you have to sync your product with the Garmin Connect account.
- For this click “Sign In” tab. Then, enter the same login credentials that you have used for creating the Garmin Express account and tap “Sign in”.
- In the Settings Page, provide a Nickname to your product.
- For uploading the data on the Garmin Connect account wirelessly, then set up your Wi-Fi network by clicking “Find Networks” option. Then, follow the on-screen instructions carefully for connecting to an available network.
- Then, hit the “Next” button.
- Now, read the Privacy Statement by clicking “View Privacy Statement” option. If you agree to their data collection procedure and allow them to use your data, then tap “Yes” button.
- This will start the process of setting up your device. Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once it got done, you will be taken to the Garmin Express application homepage.
- Then, hit the “Sync” option for uploading your data to Garmin Connect.
- After that, Garmin will show you the available updates.
- For installing the updates, click the “Install” / “Install All” option in order to install available updates using your Garmin Express software.
- Then, in the next window, you will be asked to agree to the updated terms and conditions.
- Now, the updation process will start. It will display the current progress tab with the percentage completed, time running and download speed.