Garmin GPS Update
With Garmin GPS Update you will get the exact and detailed routes to reach the desired location. To update your Garmin GPS devices you need to download and install the Garmin Express application. Garmin Express is an application that is used to update your Garmin GPS devices. Follow the below-given procedure for the Garmin GPS Update through the Garmin Express application.
Different stages to follow for GPS Update
Reach The Official Website of Garmin Express
- Visit the official website of Garmin Express. For this, type in “Garmin.com/express” web address in the Address bar accurately.
Access the Garmin Express Application
- To download the application tap “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” according to the operating system you are using.
- The download process may take some time to complete, so you have to wait patiently.
Install the Garmin Express Application
- For installation, go to the Downloads folder. After that, double-click on the Garmin Express file that you have recently downloaded to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process of Garmin Express.
Launch the Garmin Express
- In the welcome page of Garmin Express, tap “Get Started”.
- Tap on the “Add a device” option from the window that appears on your screen.
- Link the Garmin GPS device with the computer in which the application is being installed using the USB cable.
- By clicking on the “Add a device” tab the application will start searching for your Garmin GPS device that you want to connect with.
- Once the name of your Garmin GPS device is shown on the screen, tap the “Add a device” tab next to your GPS device.
Register the Garmin GPS Device
- Just in case, you are accessing the Garmin Express application for the very first time then you have to register your device.
- If you already have an account, tap “Sign In”.Then type in the email address and password linked with this account.
- For first time registration to the account, tap “Create Account”.
- Mention all the details in the account creation window. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Mention the Nickname for your Garmin GPS device
Provide the Nickname for your Garmin GPS device according to your preference. By doing so, you will be able to recognize your device for the Garmin Update easily. Tap the “Next” tab.
- After reading the statement, if you agree to all the terms click “Yes”, otherwise, tap “No”.
- Then, tap “finish” from the very bottom of the window.
How do I Update My Garmin GPS devices?
Once, you have completed all the above-given steps, then move ahead for the Garmin GPS Update. For this, you have to follow some simple steps that are explained below.
- After, completing the setup procedure, you will reach the main interface of Garmin Express.
- You will see all the updates that are available for your Garmin GPS devices.
- For Garmin GPS Update, opt for the “Check for updates” tab.
- You will see the “Install All” option if several updates are available for your Garmin GPS devices. To access all the available updates for your device tap “View Details”.
- Thereafter, look for the Garmin GPS Updates that you wish to install and then tap “Install”.
- Accept all the Terms and conditions by clicking on its respective tab.
- With this, the update procedure of your Garmin GPS devices will start immediately. Wait for the update procedure to get completed.
- Tap the “Check for updates” tab to check whether your Garmin GPS devices are updated or not.
Q1. Can I perform the Garmin GPS Update for free?
Ans. Yes, you can perform the Garmin GPS update for free of cost using the Garmin Express app. To update the Garmin GPS, you have to download and install this application on your system.
Q2. How often you need to update your Garmin GPS devices?
Ans. You will be notified of updating your Garmin devices periodically. So, it is advised that you should check for the Garmin GPS Updates within every 3-4 months. In order to verify the GPS updates, you need to download and install Garmin Express.
Q3. What should I do if my Garmin GPS device is not connecting with the system?
Ans. Just in case your Garmin GPS device is not connecting to your computer, firstly unplug your Garmin device and turn off your device. Thereafter, turn on your device and attach the USB cable to your computer and the device. Once your Garmin GPS device is connected it will show the icon of GPS attached on your computer.