At times, when you try to install or update Garmin Express on your Windows Computer. Then, you may encounter an issue due to various reasons. At this point, you may get an error message “Install Failed” on your monitor screen. Alternatively, the Installer may not launch at all. Most of the times, this “Garmin Express Fails to Install or Update on a Windows Computer” issue arise due to issues with your machine or OS. Apart from that, the application’s faulty or corrupted files can also lead to this problem.
Troubleshoot “Garmin Express Fails to Install or Update on a Windows Computer” Issue
Use A Personal Computer
First and foremost, you must install Garmin Express on a computer on which you have Administrator Access. This is because Administrator on Shared Devices usually set restrictions. This can block the installation of the Garmin application.
Then, restart your computer in a proper way to restore your system’s “Settings”. Most of the times, this simple trick resolves the Garmin Express Fails issue.
- To begin with, click on the Windows “Start” button. It is located at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Now, click the right-faced triangle beside “Shut Down” to expand its Menu Box.
- Finally, click on “Restart” to reboot the system.
- Now, wait for the system to turn back on.
Check System Requirements For Garmin Express
You must ensure that your system conforms to the specified requirements for the application. This is essential to properly install the software.
- Go to “garmin.com/express”. Then, click on the link for “System Requirements”.
- Review the specified minimum requirements.
- Open your system’s “Start Menu” and look for “Computer” or “My Computer”. Then, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- Here, you can check the specifications of your Windows device. Hence, review the same and cross-check it with the Garmin Express Requirements.
Update Your OS to Resolve Garmin Express Fails Issue
Ensure that your computer’s OS is always up-to-date.
- First of all, open “Control Panel” on your system.
- Then, click on “Windows Update”.
- Now, click on “Check For Updates”. You will find it on the left panel.
- As a result, it will display all the available updates on the right panel.
- Hence, click on “Install Updates” to initiate installation.
- Then, wait for the process to complete.
- Thereafter, restart your computer.
Unblock The Installer On Windows
At times, this issue occurs when your OS blocks the Installation Wizard from performing the installation process. Hence, you unblock the same if it is blocked.
- First of all, locate the downloaded Setup File.
- Then, right-click on it to expand its Menu Box.
- Now, select “Properties” to open the Properties window.
- Next, you should click on the “General” tab to access the General section.
- Thereafter, look for the highlighted “Unblock” button. You will find it at the lower right-hand side of the window. Now, click on it to resolve the issue.
- However, in case if it doesn’t display a highlighted “Unblock” button. Then, it means your OS has not blocked the application.
- Finally, click on “Apply” > “OK”.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Although, Garmin Express doesn’t experience any interference from the commonly available cybersecurity software and a firewall. However, at times, the issue may occur due to third-party software and applications. Hence, it is advised to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall on your computer. If that is not possible, you may try installing it on a different computer.
End Installer Process In Task Manager
- First and foremost, launch Task Manager. For this, press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc”.
- In case if a pop-up box appears to seek your permission. Then, click “Yes”.
- Now, click on the “Processes” tab if you have Windows 7. However, in the case of Windows 8/ 8.1, click on “More Details” from the bottom left-hand corner. Then, click on the “Details” tab.
- Thereafter, select any task with the name “msiexec.exe”.
- Then, click on “End Task” at the bottom right-hand corner to end the task.
Use Microsoft Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Open a Web Browser and go to the Support Page of Microsoft’s official website.
- Now, search for its “Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter”. Then, click the “Download” button.
- Next, you should double-click on the Setup file.
- Then, click on “Run”.
- Thereafter, review the License Agreement and click on “Accept”.
- After this, you should select the program that you want to uninstall from the list of installed software. Here, you should look for the following options. However, you should run this Microsoft tool separately for each of these items.
- Garmin Express
- Garmin Express Tray
- Elevated Installer
- Garmin Update Services (skip if not present)
- ANT Drivers Installer x64
- Finally, when you get the “Troubleshooting Complete” message, click on “Close”.
- Once the application is completely removed from the system, proceed to install it again. Hence, download the latest version of Garmin Express from its official website.
- Subsequently, reinstall the same to resolve the issue.
Change Computer’s App Settings
- To begin with, click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Then, click on “Settings” > “Apps”.
- Next, you should click on “Apps and Features”.
- Now, look under the “Installing Apps” section. Then, click the respective drop-down box.
- Thereafter, select “Allow apps from anywhere”.